This night ended like any Saturday night should have ended calm, quiet, and ready for sleep. Katelyn and I decided we would stay up a little later and warm up by the fire before retiring to bed. Music was playing softly in the background while we talked about our nights adventures when Katelyn asked me if I heard the doorbell. I laughed telling her no, thinking to myself who would ring the doorbell at 1:30 a.m. Not even a minute later I heard a noise, not the doorbell, but a pounding on the door. With my heart beating fast I thought maybe the cops were upstairs telling us to evacuate, I couldn't explain why that might be the case but I did. I started to slowly walk up the stairs when Katelyn pulled my hand telling me I shouldn't go. I kept walking telling her my reasoning behind why I should go when we both heard it...someone was shaking the door! They were trying to break in!
I grabbed Katelyn and immediately went to my room while turning off the lights behind me (I didn't want them to see us as we went down the hall, obviously). Panic stricken, Katelyn and I both had our phones in hand as we wondered what to do first, call 9-11 or my dad. I called my dad while she repeatedly told me to dial 9-11. I considered calling 9-11, but didn't want to call them saying we heard a noise when it may have been nothing but a prank. Finally after her persistence to call I told her she should call. Her phone made a loud noise after dialing so we turned her phone off hoping they (robber/murderer) wouldn’t have heard. She frantically searched my room asking me if I had a knife. I don't know why any girl would have a knife in her room, but I do know what she would have, heels and a straightener. Since Katelyn didn't have a knife she thought in her self defense she would just jab him with a high heel. While she was thinking this I thought I might plug in my straightener and maybe burn him (or style his hair?!). I'm not sure if either would have worked considering we were shaking so bad, but these are the bright and creative ideas sisters get in a panicked mode late at night!
Then a random number called my sister back and we thought it may have been the same person who was at the door. Of course we didn't answer it. I finally got a hold of my dad who was two floors away, but still able to keep in touch (thanks to cell phones)! He came downstairs and didn't see anyone, but did call the random number. It turns out the police call the numbers back when you hang up the phone, imagine that. The police came to check out the scene but to no avail. My dad questioned us asking if we were sure it was the door. YES it was the door! We knew for sure it was! Despite the fact that our dad may not have believed us we did make him sleep downstairs after all the calamity.
We never did find out what or who it was that was shaking our door on that late winter night, but I do like to think that maybe the robber/murderer knew our secret plan with our weapons of mass destruction and ran away!
I grabbed Katelyn and immediately went to my room while turning off the lights behind me (I didn't want them to see us as we went down the hall, obviously). Panic stricken, Katelyn and I both had our phones in hand as we wondered what to do first, call 9-11 or my dad. I called my dad while she repeatedly told me to dial 9-11. I considered calling 9-11, but didn't want to call them saying we heard a noise when it may have been nothing but a prank. Finally after her persistence to call I told her she should call. Her phone made a loud noise after dialing so we turned her phone off hoping they (robber/murderer) wouldn’t have heard. She frantically searched my room asking me if I had a knife. I don't know why any girl would have a knife in her room, but I do know what she would have, heels and a straightener. Since Katelyn didn't have a knife she thought in her self defense she would just jab him with a high heel. While she was thinking this I thought I might plug in my straightener and maybe burn him (or style his hair?!). I'm not sure if either would have worked considering we were shaking so bad, but these are the bright and creative ideas sisters get in a panicked mode late at night!
Then a random number called my sister back and we thought it may have been the same person who was at the door. Of course we didn't answer it. I finally got a hold of my dad who was two floors away, but still able to keep in touch (thanks to cell phones)! He came downstairs and didn't see anyone, but did call the random number. It turns out the police call the numbers back when you hang up the phone, imagine that. The police came to check out the scene but to no avail. My dad questioned us asking if we were sure it was the door. YES it was the door! We knew for sure it was! Despite the fact that our dad may not have believed us we did make him sleep downstairs after all the calamity.
We never did find out what or who it was that was shaking our door on that late winter night, but I do like to think that maybe the robber/murderer knew our secret plan with our weapons of mass destruction and ran away!




1 comment:
Yikes! yikes! yikes!! so scary.
I'm glad you were safe.
Post a Comment