Sunday, May 24, 2009

Ring Dance

Jarom flew me back to Annapolis to go to the Ring Dance. We both had a ton of fun! We had people stopping us in the street telling us how dashing we look (some would say it was magical). Its a good thing too, because I had to match his outfit and I'll tell you black and white was harder to match than you would think!

So a little about the facts for those who don't know about the Navy and their ways, this dance is just for second classmen at the Naval Academy. The dance is symbolic of becoming a senior (aka firsty) and having the privilege of wearing their 2010 class ring. Tradition for the dance is to dip the ring in the seven (Jarom...Severn) seas. After that, there is a giant ring to stand in where they put the ring around the girls neck and give a traditional kiss. Owww! (I personally think the midshipmen just made up that last tradition! I did see this tradition in writing...but not from the USNA website)

They had hors d’oeuvres and a cake the size of six desks put together. The chocolate fountain was probably my favorite treat! During the last part of the dance they had a firework show on the river. When the finale came the whole town could be heard cheering. It was not only a party at the Academy, but for all of Annapolis!
The ridiculously huge size ring. Girls get life size barbie, boys get life size ring!

4 comments:

Jarom said...

becky, you look absolutely amazing! But hey...that is nothing new.

Lauren Rawlings said...

Looks so fun and you look beautiful. Love the dress!

Mindy said...

Hey Beckster! I was so glad to see you posted some pictures from the Ring Dance. If you ever get the chance, could you post the one with you and I? That'd be great! I can't wait to see you again. When will that be?

DRP said...

https://www.cekaja.com/info/tanpa-riba-cek-pinjaman-online-syariah-terbaik-ini