So this is what I'm looking forward to right?!
I should be studying for my finals, instead I am dreaming of what happens after all this dreadful homework and constant examinations (and then blogging about it).
A couple of months ago I went with my sister and Emilee to look for wedding dresses. They found some really cute ones for me to try on and the nice sales lady said I should stand on the pedestal to have a better look. Great! What girl wouldn't want to stand on her own pedestal! As we were admiring ones we liked and discarding the ones we disliked the sales lady asked when I was getting married. I told her about 9 months until the big day!
She was taken back a bit (maybe because the average engagement in Utah is somewhere around three-four months?) and so I explained my story and while I will be engaged for almost a year. I told her that Jarom goes to the Naval Academy...and that's as far as I got because she was so ecstatic and went off about their uniforms! I had to agree they are pretty dashing.
She kept going on about how you have to have a dress that will look as good as their uniforms. Since their uniforms are AMAZING. The movie, An Officer and a Gentleman, came up and to prove her point she asked who we look at when the young hot couple kiss at the end and run away together. I wasn't sure if that was a rhetorical question and since I haven't seen it, I didn't answer.
"You look at the officer!" she said. "Her dress doesn't even compare to his uniform!"
After that she went on to say the dress I was wearing DEFINITELY was the dress to match. Good sales person, eh? I didn't get the dress (I know right, after all her hard work), but I had to find out what the girl was wearing in the movie, An Officer and a Gentleman, to make sure I could dress to match!
ps have to see that movie according to lots of people that come into my work so we're going to watch it over Christmas break.
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
Dreaming...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
becky! you definitely need to see the movie, brady made me watch it. i heard the same thing! there uniforms are so amazing, it's hard to compete! im sure you will look stunning! you're the best. let's get together soon. i need to hear all about wedding plans! love ya!
haha love the sales lady that's awesome. Can't wait to see which dress you decide to get! you'll make a beautiful bride!
Post a Comment