Confession, I love Twilight and all that comes with it (mainly Edward). I was trying not to get my hopes up too much by seeing the movie, but I couldn't help it and that is what started the catastrophe. Bottom line, they didn't have enough money or time to make the movie as vivid and good as my imagination or any other girls for that matter. Don't get me wrong there were good moments...but that's all I can say...moments. I started to come to the realization that maybe the book was just as cheesy as the movie (no, couldn't be true, could it?!). One thing that disturbed me was how Edward kind of was a creeper...I mean the whole watch Bella in her sleep... his intensity...the red lipstick...it all screams creepy stalker. I never thought of it that way in the book so this didn't make me very excited when I saw it in the movies.
After that realization I concluded that the book wasn't as cheesy as the movie and Edward was just put in a bad light. Descriptions in the book are definitely portrayed differently than they are in movies (or at least differently in my head which is why books are so great). I have many friends who enjoyed the movie so my other thought was seeing it at midnight may have made me a little critical and therefore I should see it again.




3 comments:
i can't decide if i should see it or not . . .
Really? I keep in getting other people's views. I haven't seen it.
Becky!! I'm so glad you found me! Now I'll look forward to reading your blog :) I only blogged when I was in Africa but I still like to comment on others' blogs.
Post a Comment