Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The best of rubber cement

Rhinestones + Rubber Cement = tear drops (may possibly be permanent)



Now to set the record straight I read the label of the bottle and it said not to inhale or eat the rubber cement, but said nothing about irritation of the skin. I also tested a little bit on my hand and it rubbed off so easily (thus named 'rubber' cement...right?!). I then concluded it was safe to put near my eye. Fifteen minutes later when it was still burning I decided against the idea of leaving the rhinestones on. I figured in that amount of time it couldn't have done that much damage...little did I know my face became swollen by the time I went to work. I decided to ask the pharmacist what the best thing I could use to relieve myself from the burning feeling. After some cortisone I felt much better despite the fact I had 4 dots seared into my face.


So lesson here is labels don't always tell you what you need to know. Secondly, what may seem like common sense may be skewed in the heat of the moment. The last piece of advice is liquid band-aid works the exact same with rhinestones but without the burning sensation that follows. So just remember, liquid band-aid is your best bet if you want something to stick!


I am stuck on band-aids because band-aid is stuck on me!

No comments: