It has been a long time coming!
Lets start from the beginning for those that haven't heard, or would like to hear again, the story of Jarom and I up to this point.
**If you just want to hear just of the engagement story scroll down until you see a picture of me with a ring!
There are many different places that I could start from, but I will start from my internship!
He tolds us about a dance the Midshipmen were putting on and invited us all to come. 

We went to the OAR concert that night and had a blast! We went to many more fun things while I was in D.C. including the I-Ball, the D.C. Temple, the Great Falls National Park, and of course the Ring Dance.After I came home from D.C. and Jarom was done at the Naval Academy, we were able to spend 7 weeks together. It was great to be able to spend time together. It was also nice to be with both of our families and hang out with them. We went to Bear Lake, Heber, a couple of concerts among other things and got engaged!!!!!!!
We got engaged on the 4th of July!
Jarom and I went to a breakfast that morning with our ward and went on a bike ride up the Temple Quarry trail. We didn't have any set plans for the day, but we planned our day together (I thought if he were to ever ask me to marry him #1 he would be nervous and I would be able to see him shaking and #2 he would be on a tight schedule to get where we needed to be going and a little anxious about it).
After our bike ride we watched a little of the Tour de France. He let me pick where we were going to go eat dinner and where we were going to see fireworks (I thought if it was going to happen that night he might have had a more ridged schedule...thought wrong). Right before the fireworks were coming on he asked me if I would like my own ring. Now mind you, I was wearing his class ring from the Ring Dance that we went to. I would wear it from time to time. I told him yes I would like my own ring (I still didn't think he had a ring by this point)! His next question was if I would marry him! I said yes of course, not that anyone was wondering, but I had to put it in there. He took his class ring off my finger and put on my own! I couldn't believe it! I am engaged! YEAH!!!!!
I am so happy to be engaged to Jarom, the love of my life!
Now about the date-next summer. We don't have an exact date yet since Jarom goes to the Naval Academy and they are not allowed to get married until they graduate. This means we will both graduate next spring and in between now and that time we will be able to see each other about once a month until school ends.





4 comments:
Becky, it is the little things that matter. I love you too, each chapter of this story gets better and better!
So cute Becky! I'm excited for ya! Thanks for blogging about it.
I am so happy and excited for the both of you. It's really cute to see Jarom so completely in love with you. It's such a blessing when you finally meet the great love of your life, your love story will be a unforgettable one. Congrats!
Becky!!! What a great story :) I'm so happy for you. I'm sad I haven't seen you in a while. I hope I get to see you soon!
Post a Comment