Our first day of work! We packed our own lunches and just like the first day of school we took pictures before we went out and on our way.

This was our ride to church on Sunday. It is only a couple of stops away and there is barely anyone on the "Metro" (aka subway) on Sunday. The people of D.C. keep it very clean and take pride in their transportation system. They take so much pride in this system that everyone pitches in and helps out. I had a perfect example of that yesterday. I decided to eat my breakfast while traveling about 25 minutes into D.C. when a woman approached me. She explained to me how rude it was to eat on the Metro and how some people may be hungry or just want a little more. She also informed me that I could recieve a ticket (like a speeding ticket) if the police caught me. I told her I apologize and I didn't know there was any law about that. She then went on her way and the whole train went silent after they had heard our whole escapade. They were probably happy somebody mentioned to the new comer about this law I had never heard about and grateful that she took it upon herself to tell my roommate and I. I now know I will eat breakfast in my apartment and ONLY in my apartment so I can do my part to keep the transportation system clean and a proud citizen of D.C!
Thursday, January 15, 2009
First Week Of Washington D.C.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
becky! it looks like you are having a fun time! what an adventure! keep me updated! alpha misses you! love ya!!
Hooray! I love D.C. My favorite is visiting the Lincoln Memorial at night. -- and the gelato underneath the art museum. yummy! It looks like you are well on your way to becoming a native... Is that what you say? I dunno.
yea! I miss you!!! Glad you are having fun!
I take back what I said about you taking too many purses. Clearly when going to live with 4 other girls there can never be enough purses to go around.
Post a Comment