Laurie asked if I would go with her to a jazz dance class at a studio called Joy of Motion. I was tentative at first, but Maurice (our dance teacher) gave me the confidence I needed to keep coming to the class (mainly because there is a wide variety of dancers he tailors to). He works us pretty hard which means you don’t go to class without a water bottle because you would probably collapse of dehydration.
One of the times we headed off to class I noticed I didn’t have my water bottle in my bag. We thought we would swing by one of the near by shops and pick up one before class even began. The only problem was the stores that are around the studio are a real estate store, a furniture store, and Paul’s Liquor.
Fist question, do Liquor stores sell water?
Next question, should I be in support of Paul’s Liquor?
I walked in, and to my surprise they did have water bottles right next to the door. While everyone was buying boxes and boxes of liquor (literally, this guy had a dolly cart full of alcohol) I waited in line to pay for my one water bottle. When it finally was my turn the guy gave a little chuckle and asked if that was everything. My total was $1. I didn’t have cash on me so I handed him my debit card when he laughed a little louder. I was feeling pretty sheepish by this point. He told me to keep the water bottle and pay him the next time I came to dance. He also told me that next time I could come up to the counter and just leave a dollar (will there be a next time…?). As I walked away I’m sure he was still laughing a little!
Maybe I don’t support all of what Paul has to offer in his liquor store, but I have to give them a thumbs up on customer service! I am also I’m happy to note I repaid my debts to Paul’s Liquor. The next time I came in the clerk gave me a puzzled look as I gave him my dollar and tried to explain my story to him. He may have laughed as well, but now they are up a dollar and I have a water bottle. Everyone is happy (well except maybe a guilty conscience)!
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Water Bottle Dilemma
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
I enjoyed your story! I found your blog through ang's and I'm so glad I did. I kinda feel like I was able to step back in time and chat with ya while getting ready in the bengal bathrooms after dance company! I laughed out-loud 'cause I could almost hear you as I read. Love ya girl!
Hahaha This is classic, I love it!! I miss having nightly slumber parties at 204 for this very reason!! :(
That is a really funny story Becks! I miss you! I hope you're having tons of fun.
hahaha! i love it! that's so funny! miss you so much becky! can't wait til you come home!
Post a Comment