Sunday, February 1, 2009

Gettysburg


"Only one casualty," Lisa reports back.
This is me as I fell to the floor wounded from the slab of marble that thrust itself into my leg. It was late, it was dark, and all I had with me was a camera. As the park began to close at dusk we knew we needed to document this momentous occasion as we stood in the midst of these great battlefields of Gettysburg. I quickly flew up the stairs to take a picture of the rest as they climbed the steps and as I did I saw the heavens above me and the marble right next to me and I was down. I had slipped and fallen on the hard rock. I told them to go on without me as I rest my wounded leg, but Laurie said, "a good soldier never falls." She then put a blanket on me to keep me warm while I recovered my strength.

Laurie supporting the wounded.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did anyone laugh? I am laughing right now. It could never top Brandon's fall. He holds the family title. Nice try. Do your new friends realize you will do anything for attention?