Monday, April 6, 2009

My Mom and Stacy

Stacy and my mom came to visit me in D.C. We had a wonderful time together!Sometimes people wonder if my mom is my twin...I couldn't imagine why...(I mean we even have the same haircut) Can you tell who is who?? My grandpa told me all he wanted was a picture of me and Obama while I was in D.C. Well grandpa it happened! Even mom got in on the picture!

This is the Holocaust museum. It is something that everyone should see. It is a very powerful message of remembering the past and how we can change our future to make it better for our human race.
This poem was written on one of the walls in the musem and I thought it was eye opening.
First they came...
When the Nazis came for the communists, I remained silent; I was not a communist.
Then they locked up the social democrats, I remained silent; I was not a social democrat.
Then they came for the trade unionists, I did not speak out; I was not a trade unionist.
Then they came for the Jews, I did not speak out; I was not a Jew.
When they came for me, there was no one left to speak out for me.
--Martin Niemoller
We saw two little girls trying to take this picture and we couldn't help but laugh because the one sister would tell her exactly where to put her arm and right as she got it in the right location her sister would put her arm back down. I couldn't blame her, it would be tiring leaving your arm up there for so long! We though we would try and see if we could do it too. By the time we finished with our two pictures the two sisters finally got theirs as well.
Cherry Blossoms!!!! Everyone was more excited about the cherry blossoms out here than anything else. What I wonder is why they call them cherry blossoms when they don't produce cherries...? All I know is that they are a Japanese tree and so we celebrate it with a festival.

No comments: