In front of me:
I have never been this close to the stage in my entire life.
Behind me:
Well if you couldn't tell...it was Michelle Obama! I tried to discreetly take the shot, since you aren't allowed to have cameras in theaters, but without the flash my super shaky star struck hands only produced this.
I went to an art performance called Welcome to Washington and she came too! Somehow Laurie and I were lucky and got front row center tickets to this concert. The First Lady sat about 5 rows behind us. We were pretty excited. This concert was supposed to welcome the new congress to Washington and somehow we lucked out to be able to get in. Later on in the evening Nigel introduced himself to us as we looked at his tag that said he was the British Ambassador! He had a very nice accent.
The concert was amazing. It was the best of the best in the arts. They had actors, singers, musicians and dancers perform for us throughout the evening. On the metro ride home we talked with Marsha Dubrow who was the writer for the DC Art Travel Examiner. She wrote about the night and the different performances. This is the link to her article if you would like a more in depth version of the night:




1 comment:
way cool becky! it sounds like you are having such an awesome time!
Post a Comment